Sleepapnea.org is connecting the dots between sleep and your quality of life;
#SLEEPtember2019 is a month-long campaign established to:
- raise awareness of the public health impact of sleep disorders
- highlight the necessity of patient-designed research
- show the connections between OSA and other comorbid health conditions at this SLEEPtember’s AWAKETOGETHER Summit
Million Americans Are Suffering From Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
of All Children Suffer From Sleep Apnea, Commonly Misdiagnosed As Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Of Moderate & Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea Cases Are Undiagnosed
Million Americans suffer from sleep and wakefulness disorders, hindering daily functioning, adversely affecting health and longevity
Times Less Likely To Be Diagnosed With Obstructive Sleep Apnea
of Children Habitually Snoring Suffer From Sleep Apnea
This #SLEEPtember2019 we’re showcasing interviews of patients and their sleep journeys, and also that of healthcare professionals dedicated to bringing sleep health to the forefront of the conversation.
There is no better way to raise awareness about the wide range of sleep disorders and their deep impact on individuals and families than to tell stories of people like you. Take the AWAKETOGETHER survey and tell your personal journey of life with sleep apnea.
Sleepapnea.org is one of the recognized leaders in patient-designed research on the causes and effects of sleep apnea. We are building a community of patients, researchers and clinicians working together to:
- continue Dr. Christian Guilleminault’s multi-disciplinary approach to care and a path to a cure for pediatrics
- engage with our community to capture the patient’s experience, as with the 2019 AWAKETOGETHER Survey
- help define the role patients and patient-centered networks will play in informing evidence-based research designed to meet patient’s needs
Our Research Partners
Decisions made by local, state and federal policymakers can directly affect your health. That’s why HealthyWomen’s Policy Center offers objective information and resources about policy topics we’ve identified as priorities for women’s health.
Evidation Health is a technology and services company that helps individuals and the world’s most innovative healthcare companies understand and influence the everyday behaviors that create better health outcomes.